A Note from the Vestry Regarding Transitions
Dear HTC Family:
As promised, the Vestry is committed to providing a clear and frequent communication rhythm during our period of transition. To that end, we have a status update regarding two exciting initiatives in the life of our community. The first is about the search process for our HTC Next Chapter Leadership, and the second, an updated process to nominate new Vestry members.
In our efforts to both define and appoint HTC’s Next Chapter Leadership, we are launching a Search Committee to help lead and manage the process. As such, the Search Committee will be responsible for:
- Conducting a listening tour to gather input from the congregation
- Defining the role for our Next Chapter Leadership
- Working with an Executive Search firm to identify and interview candidates, and
- Making final recommendation(s) for our Next Chapter Leadership to the Vestry
The Search Committee will be made up of 13 members: four from the staff, three from the congregation, and six from the Vestry. Starting in September, the members of the Search Committee will have a very significant workload over the next 9-10 months, and will definitely need the prayers and support of the congregation.
If you are interested in serving on the Search Committee, please talk to one of your Vestry members after the service. To be considered for this role we ask that you have been attending HTC for over two years, that you consistently give to the church, and that you are involved in the life of the church in a significant way (e.g., volunteering with Trinity Kids, attending P31, participating in a small group, etc.). Selections will be made in early September, so please speak to one of the vestry members prior to September 1st, or email us at [email protected]
Additionally, we will be launching a prayer initiative in which we hope the whole congregation will participate (HTC: The Next Chapter), to pray for wisdom, protection, and favor during this time of transition. If you are interested in being a part of the planning team please see Michelle Wrigley and stay tuned for details about how you can be a part of praying for HTC’s Next Chapter!
Finally, the Vestry will add two new members to our team in the first part of 2020. As such we are rolling out an updated process to nominate members to the Vestry. The nomination process is as follows:
- The Vestry will accept nominations to the Vestry during the Spring and Summer of each calendar year
- Candidates must be nominated by a member of the congregation (they may not be self-nominated) prior to October 15th
- Nominations should be made on the Vestry Nomination form found on the “Resources” tab of the website
- Candidates for the Vestry must meet a set of requirements such as having attended HTC for 2 years, giving to the church consistently, and volunteering at the church
- The full list of requirements is on the nomination form online
- All qualified nominations received prior to October 15thwill be interviewed by members of the Vestry during the Fall
- Appointments to the Vestry will be made in the Winter and announced to the congregation in January
If you have any additional questions or are interested in hearing more, please reach out to any Vestry member.
May the peace of our Lord be with you,
The HTC Vestry
Glenn Youngkin, Wanda Jones-Yeatman, Mike Slattery, April Young, Phillip Merrick, Susan Speers & Derek Rust